||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Oracle10g Grid Computing
Chapter 12 - RAC Design Considerations
Designing Equipment for Real Application Clusters
important design feature of the equipment used in high availability
RAC clusters is a layout that eliminates any single point of failure.
For example, look at the design in Figure 13.1.
Figure 13.1 is a typical RAC configuration. However, this
configuration, other than the RAC cluster itself, has no redundancy
and many single points of failure. Let's list the single points of
A failure of
any one of these single points will result in system unavailability,
no matter how well the RAC cluster itself is laid out, designed, and
For more information,
see the book
Grid and Real Application Clusters 30% off if you
buy it directly from Rampant TechPress .
Written by top Oracle
experts, this RAC book has a complete online code depot with
ready to use RAC scripts.
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.oracle-training.cc.