||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Designing Equipment for Real Application Clusters
critical to ensure that there is no single point of failure in a high
availability configuration. Figure 13.2 illustrates exactly what
eliminating single points of failure means.
Example of a Redundant RAC Configuration
13.2, the following redundancies have been added:
firewall with an independent connection to the web.
fabric switch with redundant pathways.
A second SAN
A set of
RAC Guard configuration.
single points of failure in Figure 13.1 have been eliminated. A third
server has also been added, as well as a SAN array in a geographically
remote location. This third server and SAN ensure that not even a
disaster at the primary location will bring the application down. (Not
shown is the application server and firewall for this third server. It
may not be required if the firewalls and application servers are in a
different location from the database servers.)
For more information,
see the book
Grid and Real Application Clusters 30% off if you
buy it directly from Rampant TechPress .
Written by top Oracle
experts, this RAC book has a complete online code depot with
ready to use RAC scripts.
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.oracle-training.cc.