||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Oracle10g Grid Computing
Chapter 12 - RAC Design Considerations
Designing Equipment for Real Application Clusters
Oracle10gAS Web Cache Cluster and load balancers in front of the OC4J
clusters, performance, scalability, and availability of a web site are
increased. Web Cache eliminates the need to repeatedly process
requests on the application web server by storing frequently accessed
URLs in memory. Multiple instances of Web Cache can be configured to
run as members of a cache cluster. This provides:
OC4J instance and cache cluster member is redundant on multiple sets
of machines, problems and outages within a site are transparent to the
client. The OPMN monitoring infrastructure ensures near uninterrupted
availability of an application’s services by automatically detecting
and restarting failed components of the application tier or the Web
in Figure 13.2 the use of a RAC server platform capable of CPU
partitioning is shown. This means that multiple CPUs, in systems like
the E6800 from SUN, can be separated into virtual servers that act
like independent servers. This partitions malfunctioning CPUs or
memory (which is on the CPU cards in the E6800), and the rest of the
server continues to work.
For more information,
see the book
Grid and Real Application Clusters 30% off if you
buy it directly from Rampant TechPress .
Written by top Oracle
experts, this RAC book has a complete online code depot with
ready to use RAC scripts.
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.oracle-training.cc.