||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Oracle10g Grid Computing
Chapter 12 - RAC Design Considerations
Designing for High Performance
the difference is that now partitioning is based on reducing
intra-node block pinging
instances over the cluster interconnects, instead of reducing disk
pinging. At most, we can expect a factor of 40 improvements for the
same application running on a RAC server, versus an OPS-based server.
Once the various system latencies are added, the speed difference
between memory operations and disk operations falls to approximately a
factor of 40 between a disk ping and an intra-node memory ping. The
speed is dependent upon the speed of the interconnect. Still, a factor
of 4000% (40) is nothing to sneeze at.
applications for better performance on RAC involves:
transactions with similar data access characteristics to specific
data objects with parameters that enable more efficient access when
free space allocation and de-allocation (use of locally managed
block management (local freelist management).
sequences properly (using sequence ranging triggers for each
all SQL in the application.
For more information,
see the book
Grid and Real Application Clusters 30% off if you
buy it directly from Rampant TechPress .
Written by top Oracle
experts, this RAC book has a complete online code depot with
ready to use RAC scripts.
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.oracle-training.cc.