||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Oracle10g Grid Computing
Chapter 17 -
Oracle’s Grid Integration Technologies
The Master Table
As you can
see, the Master Table is used to track the detailed progress
information of a Data Pump job:
set of dump files.
state of every object exported or imported and their locations in the
dump file set.
of every worker process.
The state of
current job status and restart information.
Table is created in the schema of the current user running the Pump
Dump export or import, and it keeps tracks of lots of detailed
information. Therefore, this table can take up a significant amount
of storage space. (Tip: If you are running an export or an import job
on a database with a large number of database objects, make sure the
schema user has sufficient tablespace quota.)
Master Table is the key to Data Pump’s restart capability in the event
of a planned or unplanned job stoppage.
has many processes through which the entire data load and unload
methodology is conducted.
Figure 17.2 shows all components and their
inter relation. They are discussed as follows:
For more information,
see the book
Grid and Real Application Clusters 30% off if you
buy it directly from Rampant TechPress .
Written by top Oracle
experts, this RAC book has a complete online code depot with
ready to use RAC scripts.
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.dba-oracle.com.