||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Oracle10g Grid Computing
Chapter 17 -
Oracle’s Grid Integration Technologies
Original Import Utility Parameter
Some of the parameters in the original import utility are no longer
needed because the new Data Pump import utility takes care of them
automatically. Those parameters are:
buffer, charset, commit,
compile, filesize, recordlength
, resumable, resumable_name, resumable_timeout, statistics, toid_novalidate, tts_owners, userid,
us look at some of the examples to illustrate;
Example 1: Import User into a Different
impdp system/manager \
EXCLUDE=index, materialized_view \
Example 2: Import with Data Option
impdp system/manager \
DUMPFILE= dpump_dir:table.dmp \
provides a new package, dbms_scheduler, which has
a number of functions and procedures. Collectively, these functions
are called the Scheduler. The Scheduler provides rich functionality
to meet the needs of complex enterprise scheduling in a grid
environment. It helps database administrators and application
developers simplify their management tasks.
For more information,
see the book
Grid and Real Application Clusters 30% off if you
buy it directly from Rampant TechPress .
Written by top Oracle
experts, this RAC book has a complete online code depot with
ready to use RAC scripts.
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.dba-oracle.com.