||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Oracle10g Grid Computing
Chapter 17 -
Oracle’s Grid Integration Technologies
Enable, Disable, and Drop a Program
includes the following values:
To create a
program in your own schema, you need the CREATE JOB privilege. To
create a program in another user’s schema, you need the CREATE ANY JOB
privilege. When you create a program, it is created in a disabled
state by default; a job cannot execute a program until the program is
Here is an
example of creating a program to check database user sessions:
program_name => `CHECK_USER`,
program_action => `/dba/scripts/ckuser.sh`,
program_type => `EXECUTABLE`
enable this program as follows:
disable this program as follows:
you can drop this program as follows (Note: if force is set to TRUE,
all jobs referencing the program are disabled before dropping the
force => FALSE
For more information,
see the book
Grid and Real Application Clusters 30% off if you
buy it directly from Rampant TechPress .
Written by top Oracle
experts, this RAC book has a complete online code depot with
ready to use RAC scripts.
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.dba-oracle.com.