||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Oracle10g Grid Computing
Chapter 17 -
Oracle’s Grid Integration Technologies
Streams is an enabling technology for data sharing. Data sharing among
the different databases and among different application environments
is a very common practice. A variety of measures, such as data
replication, data loading, data movement to heterogeneous database
environments and message routing, involve some sort of data sharing.
Even building the summarized data, such as data warehousing, is
another form of data sharing.
Streams is a method to control and conduct the data flow. It is a
vital component in maintaining the Grid Framework.
the changes in a database are captured by the Capture Process, and are
then routed or propagated to a destination database. At the
destination database, the Apply Process applies the changes. The
method of streams can also create or capture events and then stage and
send the events to different destinations. Figure 17.3 shows a typical
Streams Data Flow
For more information,
see the book
Grid and Real Application Clusters 30% off if you
buy it directly from Rampant TechPress .
Written by top Oracle
experts, this RAC book has a complete online code depot with
ready to use RAC scripts.
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.dba-oracle.com.