||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Oracle10g Grid Computing
Chapter 17 -
Oracle’s Grid Integration Technologies
allied utility is data protection. Streams-based data movement can
easily feed a remote database with change information from the
production database in order to audit all sorts of changes.
of Streams was introduced in Oracle Database 9i release 9.2, and now
in Oracle Database 10g, it has been measurably enhanced. Next, we will
examine these improvements and the new features in detail.
Grid Using Grid Control (OEM)
is utility that manages, monitors many diverse resources with in the
enterprise grid. Such resources include, Database Systems, Hosts
(blades/servers), application servers, web applications and storage
devices. It is also extensible, so that you can add extra components
that are not supported out of the box. From a single place, Grid
control allows you to compare performance levels of various comparable
For more information,
see the book
Grid and Real Application Clusters 30% off if you
buy it directly from Rampant TechPress .
Written by top Oracle
experts, this RAC book has a complete online code depot with
ready to use RAC scripts.
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.dba-oracle.com.