||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Oracle10g Grid Computing
Chapter 17 -
Oracle’s Grid Integration Technologies
resource plans and resource consumer groups are defined and validated,
they are submitted to make them active.
begin using the DRM facility, resource groups have to be assigned to
the users (or schemas). In earlier versions, until the 9i release, the
consumer resource groups were manually assigned users. It was also
possible to switch a user session to another resource group by using
the procedures available in the dbms_resource_manager package.
procedures are as follows:
initial consumer group is automatically set to default_consumer_group
when the user is created.
You can use
set_initial_consumer_group procedure to switch to a specific consumer
switch_current_consumer_group change the current resource consumer
group of a user’s current session.
procedure switch_consummer_group_for_sess causes the specified session
to immediately be moved into the specified resource consumer group.
switch_consumer_group_for_user can be used to change the resource
consumer group for all sessions with a given user name.
For more information,
see the book
Grid and Real Application Clusters 30% off if you
buy it directly from Rampant TechPress .
Written by top Oracle
experts, this RAC book has a complete online code depot with
ready to use RAC scripts.
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.dba-oracle.com.