Oracle10g New Features Training Course
Duration: 4 days
This is an intensive hands-on Oracle10g new features overview, customized to meet your specific needs. This course is a comprehensive overview of new Oracle10g development features, taught by one of our leading Oracle10g trainers.
This course examines all Oracle10g new features with an eye on those new features that are the most important to Oracle10g developers and DBA’s. This course focuses on the most important 10g new features and when to use them. This hands-on Oracle10g new features training is special because this course is taught by a veteran Oracle Certified DBA with more than 20 years of full-time experience.
Mike Ault, Daniel Liu, Madhu Tumma
This course is designed for practicing Oracle professionals who have basic experience with Oracle. Prior experience with Oracle is not required, but experience using Oracle database is highly desirable.
Who should attend:
This course is specifically designed for Oracle DBA and developer staff and IT managers will also find the course valuable.
This new features training is specifically designed for the working professional and has a tight focus on the most important 10g new features for DBA’s and developers. Topics include new parameters, SQL optimization and PL/SQL programming new features.
This course was designed by Donald K. Burleson, an acknowledged leader in Oracle database administration. Author or more than 30 database books, Burleson was chosen by Oracle Press to write five authorized editions, including Oracle High-Performance SQL tuning. Burleson has over a decade of real-world DBA experience in Oracle new features.
1. Scalability enhancements
2. Automation enhancements (ADDM, ASM)
3. Oracle cost-based optimizer enhancements
4. Regular Expressions enhancements to SQL
5. PL/SQL internal performance optimization
6. SQLTuning and SQLAccess advisors
7. Automated Workload Repository (AWR)
8. Automated Session History (ASH)
9. New Oracle10g Initialization Parameters
10. Oracle10g Utilities Improvements
11. New Oracle10g Network Features
12. New high availability features (RAC)
13. New Flashback features
14. New Features for Tablespace Management
15. Oracle10g Streams Replication
16. New Oracle10g Table and Index Features
17. Sorted Hash Clusters
18. Case-Accent Insensitive Searching
19. New Datatypes and Functions
20. XQuery (R2)
21. Error Logging Clause (R2)
22. Miscellaneous SQL Features
23. Oracle 10g PL/SQL Enhancements
24. FORALL PL/SQL Improvements
25. Native PL/SQL Compilation New Features
26. Nested Table and VARRAY Enhancements
27. PL/SQL Conditional Compilation (R2)
28. Overview of XML and XSL enhancements