||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Disk I/O Tuning
The term "Fibre
Channel" is used to designate an American National Standards
Institute (ANSI) interface that acts as a general transport vehicle
to simultaneously deliver the command sets of several existing
interface protocols including SCSI-3, IPI-3, HIPPI-FP, IP, and
ATM/AAL5. This doesn't mean that proprietary and other command sets
may not also use and share the Fibre Channel, but these are not yet
defined as part of the Fibre Channel standard. For my purposes we
will discuss Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) as one topology
used to connect two or more devices within the guide-lines set by
the ANSI standards.
The above text is
an excerpt from:
Oracle Disk I/O Tuning
Disk IO Performance & Optimization for Oracle
by Mike Ault
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit
www.oracle-training.cc or email firstname.lastname@example.org.