||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Disk I/O Tuning
Channel is designed to support both the transfer of large and small
data sets. This allows it to be efficient in the transfer of a wide
variety of data and therefore it can be used in systems ranging from
supercomputers to individual workstations. Fibre Channel peripherals
can include devices such as, but not limited to, disk drives, tape
units, high-bandwidth graphics terminals, and laser printers. For
our purposes we are concerned with disk drives.
order to accommodate all of these device types with various command
sets, Fibre Channel separates the physical I/O interface from the
I/O operations. This allows the use of multiple command sets
simultaneously. This separation of the physical I/O interface from
the I/O operations allows new speeds and new functions to be added
without negating all previous investments in existing components,
connectors and cables.
Another advantage of Fibre Channel is that it supports both channel
and network peripheral protocols for device communication. This
means that channel and network protocols can share the same physical
The above text is
an excerpt from:
Oracle Disk I/O Tuning
Disk IO Performance & Optimization for Oracle
by Mike Ault
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit
www.oracle-training.cc or email firstname.lastname@example.org.