||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Disk I/O Tuning
Channel was designed to not have its own native I/O command set
protocol. It allows other protocols to superimpose their command
sets onto itself and then simply transports this information.
However, Fibre Channel does have a command set that it uses to
manage the links between the various participating devices using
Fibre Channel “link services”.
multiple command sets may use Fibre Channel, it identifies the
information by command set type. This is accomplished by each Fibre
Channel frame having a field in the frame header that identifies the
protocol associated with that frame, this allows the receiving port
to distinguish among the protocols and make the proper processing
mentioned above, Fibre Channel supports both channel and network
communications. Let's look at this.
The above text is
an excerpt from:
Oracle Disk I/O Tuning
Disk IO Performance & Optimization for Oracle
by Mike Ault
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit
www.oracle-training.cc or email firstname.lastname@example.org.