||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Disk I/O Tuning
The term topologies
include all the elements necessary to successfully connect two or
more nodes (also known as devices). There are several topologies
available with Fibre Channel, but all of them have common
components: nodes, ports, and links.
The ANSI Fibre Channel
standard defines three topologies:
1. Arbitrated loop (Fibre
Channel Arbitrated Loop, FC-AL)
brief discussions about items not directly associated with
arbitrated loop and fabric topologies are included to make you aware
that other topologies exist within the constructs of the ANSI Fibre
The above text is
an excerpt from:
Oracle Disk I/O Tuning
Disk IO Performance & Optimization for Oracle
by Mike Ault
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit
www.oracle-training.cc or email firstname.lastname@example.org.