||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Disk I/O Tuning
fabric topology permits dynamic interconnections between nodes
through ports connected to a fabric. This fabric is similar to a
switch or router and is often compared to a telephone system because
of its redundant rerouting capabilities. The fabric topology also
allows multiple connections simultaneously, unlike FC-AL which
results in a single circuit being established between only two ports
at any one particular time. Fabric and arbitrated loop topologies
may be combined in one system to provide a wide variety of services
and performance levels to the nodes.
Point-to-Point topologies are used only to connect two ports without
any routing capabilities.
The above text is
an excerpt from:
Oracle Disk I/O Tuning
Disk IO Performance & Optimization for Oracle
by Mike Ault
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit
www.oracle-training.cc or email firstname.lastname@example.org.