||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Disk I/O Tuning
Chapter 3: Optimizing Disk Interface Performance
Each of the disk
interfaces we have discussed in chapter 2 is optimized in a
different manner. In some cases, there may be little or nothing you
can do to adjust how the interface is used by your system, in
others, you may have almost complete control. For example, the ATA
interface can be adjusted in Linux using the hdparm command.
While in Windows, you may have little or no ability to adjust the
ATA interface. Let's begin with the ATA interface.
Generally speaking, if you are dealing with ATA disks you will be
using a Windows 2000 server or a Linux server. You will probably
have a maximum of 4 internal IDE/ATA drives with the operating
system and software occupying one of the drives. Hopefully, the
swap area will be spread over several drives, as will the database
(unless the ATA drives have been RAIDed).
The above text is
an excerpt from:
Oracle Disk I/O Tuning
Disk IO Performance & Optimization for Oracle
by Mike Ault
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit
www.oracle-training.cc or email email@example.com.