||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Disk I/O Tuning
Tuning In Windows
: Disk Fragmentation on Windows
Figure 2-7 shows the report that goes along with the display
in figure 2-6.
: Example Windows 2000 Fragmentation Report
order to fix the above fragmentation, it took multiple passes
through the defragmentation routine provided by Windows 2000. The
first pass resulted in extreme freespace fragmentation, which would
have caused the first file that was written after defragmentation to
be fragmented! After 5 passes, the fragmentation was down to 12%,
after 9 passes, 10%, which seemed to be the best it could do,
leaving 21% of the files fragmented. Figure 2-8 shows the final
screen shot after optimization.
The above text is
an excerpt from:
Oracle Disk I/O Tuning
Disk IO Performance & Optimization for Oracle
by Mike Ault
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit
www.oracle-training.cc or email firstname.lastname@example.org.