||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Chapter 1 Oracle 10g Grid Computing
Oracle 10g RAC Database
The Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) to
track the performance metrics and provide advice and alerts.
We will cover the RAC database architecture,
installation and configuration, internals of cache fusion, RAC
Tuning, backup and recovery etc in subsequent chapters.
In this chapter, we have examined the concept
of Grid Computing and where the grid is heading. Grid Computing
Technology, once confined to scientific and research institutions,
is gradually moving into commercial organizations. Many IT vendors
are designing Grid Solutions, even though they are at different
levels and market segments.
Oracle, the premier database and business
applications vendor, released the grid-ready 10g database. Besides
offering many features that help to participate in grid
architecture, the Oracle RAC product is being positioned as the one
main grid resource.
We have also covered the RAC and OPS product
evolution and features.
In the next chapter, we will examine more
details about Grid, Utility Computing and Clustering Technology.
For more information,
see the book
Grid and Real Application Clusters 30% off if you
buy it directly from Rampant TechPress .
Written by top Oracle
experts, this RAC book has a complete online code depot with
ready to use RAC scripts.
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit
www.oracle-training.cc or email