||Donald K. Burleson
Oracle views for automatic PGA RAM memory management
Oracle has introduced
several new views and new columns in existing views to aid in viewing the
internal allocation of RAM memory in Oracle. The following new v$ views
can be used to monitor RAM memory usage of dedicated Oracle connections.
– Three new columns are added in Oracle for monitoring PGA memory
usage. The new columns
are called pga_used_mem, pga_alloc_mem and pga_max_mem.
– There are many new statistics rows, including work area statistics
for optimal, one-pass and multi-pass.
– This new view shows internals of PGA memory usage for all
background processes and dedicated connections.
– This exciting new view contains execution plan information for all
currently executing SQL. This
is a tremendous tool for the performance tuning processional who must
locate sub-optimal SQL statements.
– This new view provides detailed cumulative statistics on Ram
memory usage for Oracle connections.
– This new view show internal RAM memory usage information for all
currently executing SQL statements.
you like Oracle tuning, you might enjoy my latest book “Oracle Tuning: The DefinitiveReference” by Rampant TechPress. (I don’t think it is right to charge a fortune for books!) and you
can buy it right now at this link: