Call for Oracle support & training (800) 766-1884
Free Oracle Tips

Home
Corporate Oracle Training
Custom Oracle Training
Oracle New Features Training
Advanced Oracle DBA Classes
Oracle Tuning Courses
Oracle Tips & Tricks
Oracle Training Links
Oracle Training Links
Oracle Training Links

We are top for USA Oracle Training Clients

 

Free Oracle Tips


 
HTML Text AOL

Free Oracle App Server Tips


 
HTML Text

Oracle support

Oracle training

Oracle tuning

Rednecks!

Remote Oracle

Custom Oracle Training

 

   
  Oracle Tips by Burleson

Web Stalkers
Chapter 2 -
Understanding Web Personalities

Introduction

The web is especially dangerous because of the magnetic attraction the Internet holds for those with personality disorders and mental illness.  Therefore, more stable Internet users must start by understanding the fundamental nature of web interaction and explore a framework for understanding personalities on the web.

Chapter 3 will focus on the psyche of the web stalker while this chapter focuses on common mental deviants on the web, reviewing problems in text-only communications and exploring assessment techniques for various personality types.  The first step in the process is to explore the hindrances of remote communication on the Internet

The Problem of Text-Only Communication

Surprisingly, psychologists have noted that only 7% of face-to-face communications is verbal while the other 93% is non-verbal.  In other words, people use body language cues as a main source of communication.  According to psychological studies, it is more challenging for men to accurately predict non-verbal or body language cues than women, who seem to be far more attuned in this area of communication. 

Would it then stand to reason that since women are better at evaluating face-to-face body language, that men are better at evaluating the written word?  This would be an interesting study to be sure.  Whatever the case, the internet’s text-only communication gives everyone, regardless of gender, the opportunity to evaluate text based on the punctuation, syntax, and grammar of the written word.  This allows an individual to form their own opinion of said text. 


The above text is an excerpt from:

Web Stalkers
Protect yourself from Internet Criminals & Psychopaths
ISBN 0-97-45993-9-5

by Donald K. Burleson, Stephen Andert
 

http://www.rampant-books.com/book_2004_2_stalkers.htm


Download your Oracle scripts now:

www.oracle-script.com

The definitive Oracle Script collection for every Oracle professional DBA

 
 
 

Oracle performance tuning book

 

 

Oracle performance tuning software

 
Oracle performance tuning software
 
Oracle performance Tuning 10g reference poster
 
Oracle training in Linux commands
 
Oracle training Excel
 
 
 
 

 

email BC:


Copyright © 1996 -  2014 by Burleson Inc. All rights reserved.

Oracle® is the registered trademark of Oracle Corporation.